Protective Film & Tape Dispensers
Do I need definite length tape dispensers? What does a dispenser do for surface protection films?
For the sake of this discussion, a dispenser is a device that makes a film or tape conveniently available to the user… it may also provide some means of cutting the film, hopefully, without cutting the user. A dispenser does not attempt to apply the film/tape to a surface. That type of device would be an applicator (such as a handheld gun for plastic package-strapping tape) or a laminator as described on the laminator pages.
Manual dispensers provide:
- A convenient and accessible storage location for roll(s) in use
- A method for keeping the leading edge of the tape available to grasp (avoids lost time locating the edge of the tape)
- In many situations they can be operated with just one hand
- A method for cutting the tape
- Occasionally, a method for measuring/metering the tape before manually performing the cut
Automated dispensers provide:
- A convenient and accessible storage location for a roll in use
- A method for keeping the leading edge of the tape available to grasp
- Automatic measurement of tape to a programmed length
- Automatic cutting of the tape with automatic presentation to the user
- Automatic replacement of a removed piece
- Very high dispensing speeds with a minimum of effort on the part of the user
NOTE: High-speed automatic dispensers perform best with thicker (4 mil and higher) high tack (8 oz/inch and higher) films and tapes. We recommend a test of your tape on the desired device prior to purchasing that device.
Hopefully, the information provided here can help you define the best dispenser for your application. Feel free to give us a call for additional insights on dispenser features and how they might meet your requirements.
Manual / Benchtop
Manual Dispensers range from typical desktop devices that hold a single 1/2 inch wide roll up to 18 inch wide devices that can dispense a single 18″ wide roll, multiple different roll widths and inter-mix peel off labels, as well.More